Dear Members and friends,
Recent events have prompted a great outpouring of support for the beleaguered citizens of the embattled nation of Ukraine. Although Portugal is the most geographically distant European country to Ukraine, the government, businesses and general population here have immediately shown an eagerness to provide whatever practical support they can offer to welcome refugees to arrive and settle here.
However, what has now become apparent is the desperate yearning for many of the displaced Ukrainians to return to their homeland and rebuild their lives amongst their families, friends, neighbours and colleagues. What is undeniable is that the road to recovery will be complicated and dependant on a collective effort.
As an act of solidarity towards the Ukrainian people the British-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce has invited the Ukrainian Ambassador to Portugal, Ms. Inna Ohnivets, to address our audience by sharing her insights of this ever-evolving crisis and raise awareness of what practical steps the Portuguese-based business community can contribute.
Other bilateral Chambers of Commerce in Portugal have also accepted our invitation to join us, such as the French and the German-Portuguese Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Proceeds from the event will be donated to the charity “Rebuild Ukraine” approved by the Ukrainian Ambassador and we are inviting you to join us and to publicly align yourselves to this worthy cause.
• Welcome: Mr. Rui Almeida, Chair of the Board of Directors BPCC
• Introduction: Mr. Chris Sainty, British Ambassador to Portugal
• Keynote Speaker: Ms. Inna Ohnivets, Ukrainian Ambassador to Portugal
• Case Study: Mr. Andy Brown, CEO GALP
MEMBERS Lunch: 42€ + IVA= 51,66€
NON-MEMBERS Lunch: 62€ + IVA= 72,26€
• Donation to Ukrainian Charity “Rebuild Ukraine” (minimum recommended donation of €25.00 / person*
• Table Sponsor of 8: Investment of €980.00 of which 50% will revert to the charity “Rebuild Ukraine” as approved by the Ukrainian Ambassador.*
*Donations are not subject to VAT (IVA)
More information: t: 213 942020 e: [email protected]
Kindly supported by: Taylor’s Port