Over recent years, banks and financial institutions have been increasingly involved in large-scale, complex litigation cases. The common denominator of these cases is the need to comply with internal procedures and rules , and with the legal and regulatory duties that apply to the banks and institutions.
In light of this situation, PLMJ is very pleased to announce its new banking and finance litigation team, which has been created to respond to the specific needs of the sector in litigation and risk management matters.
Rita Samoreno Gomes, a partner from PLMJ Litigation, will be responsible for this team which “is intended to be a strategic partner for financial institutions that are increasingly seeking to reduce risks, whether they are legal, regulatory, financial or reputational.” The team also includes of counsel Pedro Caetano Nunes and associates Rute Marques and Cristiano Dias.
The matters this team will focus on include:
• Construction financing and contractual liability
• Liability for the issue of prospectuses for securities offered to the public
• Class actions
• Injunctions and consumer rights litigation
• Pre-litigation and litigation relating to D&O liability insurance claims by directors of banking institutions
• Regulatory and administrative proceedings, including before the Bank of Portugal, the Portuguese Securities Market Commission and the Court of Competition, Regulation and Supervision.
We believe that success in risk management lies in constantly monitoring any risks in order to be able to identify the most appropriate legal and strategic options. It is only possible to provide this strategic advice with close and specialised legal support, and our lawyers have unparalleled experience in acting for clients including major international banks and financial companies on the most sensitive and complex matters.
For further information about this team, please contact:
Rita Samoreno Gomes - firstname.lastname@example.org Pedro Caetano Nunes - email@example.com